If you are a Real Estate Professional and you call your favorite RADON Contractor and say, "I need a quick test at........", You're going to get a 24-hour continuous-readout electronic RADON Detector test. Here are just a few things wrong with that and the damage quickie testing can do:
1. Nearly all electronic RADON Testers are used again, and again, and again, without ANY calibration. Dont believe it? Just ask your RASON contractor for their calibration log. They can't produce one; its in the office (it is supposed to travel with the injstrument), or they will look at you blankly and say, "we don't calibrate our instruments."
2. You have just certified to the buyer, that there is/is not any RADON in the home they're buying, and YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW!
3. USEPA recommend testing for three days and prefer a test be run for "7-days" to give valid and meaningful results!!
4. If anyone in the dwelling you just recommended a specific contractor to test and/or mitigate for RADON gets sick, and a knowledgible attorney gets ahold of the testing documentation....as the recommending Real Estate Professional, YOU'RE ON THE HOOK FOR A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR LAWSUIT!
5. Chances are, you'll get a single one-page so-called testing "report" that provides you with no way to verify that the property was truly evaluated for a RADON hazard! NO ANALYSIS! Just Results....NUMBERS, really! If you ask where the rest of the report is, you'll get some lame excuse or simply told THAT is an industry STANDARD! It's NOT!